Become a Polestar Advanced Pilates Teacher and help meet the growing demand in your community for teachers proficient in working with athletes, dancers, elite performers and medium to high-risk clients.
At the same time increase your value as a Pilates teacher!
The Advanced Assessment Skills series helps movement teachers develop and apply necessary intake, assessment and critical-thinking skills to maximize program outcomes. Alignment is a guiding principle in Pilates. As such, it is essential for Pilates teachers to develop a keen eye and a profound understanding of postural alignment and variances to assess how intervention, if any, can help to achieve goals.
The two days will cover:
- Intake & Interviewing skills
- Assessment of the Head, Neck, Spine and Pelvis
The Polestar Function Movement Outcome Measure (FMOM) allows students to develop skills in static and dynamic postural assessment. This elaborate screening tool highlights key anatomical landmarks to assessing symmetries and asymmetries. The course will specifically examine how Pilates exercises can influence asymmetries of the head, neck, trunk and pelvis.
Students will refine their interpretation skills in order to design safe and effective exercise programs or refer clients to the appropriate care provider.
This course will also cover the legal and professional requirements for a teacher to secure before initiating a program with a new client in a studio or a gym. Students will learn the most effective techniques for interviewing clients to gather medical, health and fitness information.
Following this workshop participants will:
- Be able to implement a formal intake procedure in their studio or gym
- Learn basic interviewing skills to gather important information
- Be able to interpret the information gathered appropriate for scope of practice
- Be able to apply this new information in the design of a workout program
- Understand appropriate procedures for referring to other healthcare providers
- Be familiar with limits and responsibilities appropriate for gathering information from clients and the legal and professional responsibilities pertaining to privacy, scope of practice and ethics
- Use the Polestar Pilates Functional Movement Outcome Measure (FMOM) to assess alignment of the head, neck, trunk and pelvis
- Identify how asymmetries in alignment can affect movement efficiency in daily activities
- Apply Pilates exercises to improve alignment as it pertains to functional activities
- Minimum of one year experience teaching Pilates, yoga or other movement discipline
- Equivalent of one year of Anatomy/Physiology
- Desire to implement professional and ethical practice into Pilates training
The GST-inclusive workshop fee of $750 does not include personal extras, such as travel and accommodation and personal supplies and dinner during the course dates.
- 4-hour Online prior to onsite
- 16-hours Onsite instruction (2 days)