Bone up on your knowledge of osteoporosis prevention and management in the Pilates environment with this workshop by Senior Polestar Educator Elizabeth Wilson.
Over 4 hours you will:
- Learn how to identify clients at high risk of osteoporosis and understand the results of their bone density scans.
- Find out answers to commonly asked questions about nutrition and medication.
- Discover Pilates-based interventions to reduce development and progression of the disease.
- Experience a wide range exercises to improve bone density and balance while protecting the spine from fracture and
- Learn how to put together safe and effective Pilates mat and studio programs for osteoporotic and osteopenic clients.
You’ll leave this workshop confident to safely and effectively work with osteoporotic and osteopenic clients while also knowing strategies to prevent the development of these conditions.
The workshop fee of $350 includes afternoon tea as well as GST. Students are responsible for all personal extras, such as travel and accommodation and personal supplies and lunch during the course dates.
Early Bird discount of $35 applies only when registered and paid in full prior to 23 March ’18.